I’m Gilles de Hollander and I am a postdoctoral researcher in the lab of Tomas Knapen at the Vrije Universiteit in Amsterdam.
- 2017–current Postdoctoral researcher in the lab of Tomas Knapen doing laminar-resolved UHF-fMRI during binocular rivalry
- 2013–2017 PhD-student in Birte Forstmann-lab of model-based neuroimaging, investigating the functional neuroanatomy of the Subthalamic Nucleus using 7T structural and functional MRI and computational cognitive modelling
- 2010–2012 MSc Artificial Intelligence, University of Amsterdam.
- Thesis: An application of Multivariate Pattern Analysis: does the Subthalamic Nucleus code for response caution?
- Supervisors: Dr. B. U. F. Forstmann, Dr. L. van Maanen and Dr. M. van Someren
- 2005–2010 BSc Beta-Gamma, University of Amsterdam.
- Beta-Gamma is a three-year interdisciplinary bachelor that aims at teaching interdisciplinary thought and research strategies.
- 2008–2010 major Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor Project: The EU Parliament in clouds: An applied study on the usability of word clouds to summarize meetings and the methods to construct them
- Supervisor: Dr. M. Marx
- 2006–2008 major Psychobiology
- Bachelor Project: Teamwork in autism: where to represent someone else’s actions in a joint spatial compatibility task
- Supervisor: Dr. J.A. van Hooft
- 1999–2005 VWO, Vossius Gymnasium, Amsterdam.
- Course Profiles: Nature & Technology, Nature & Health
- Extra Courses: Classical Latin, History, Philosophy
- Thesis: Klankkleur bij Elecktrische Gitaren (Timbre of Electric Guitars)
- Gave a lecture on model-based neuroimaging in the “Model-based summer school” of the Forstmann lab (slides; code).
- Gave a workshop about Python in Neuroscience (February 2014, slides, IPython Notebook).
- Gave a lecture about basic fMRI, Multivariate Pattern Analysis and Representational Similarity Analysis in the “Introduction to Neuroscientific and Neuroanatomy” (november 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Teaching Assistant Reinforcement Learning Practical Beta-Gamma computer practical, 2013
- Teaching Assistant Qualitative Reasoning Practical Future Planet Studies, UvA, 2012
- Teaching Assistant Reinforcement Learning Practical Beta-Gamma computer practical, UvA, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Developed and taught computer practical in Matlab.
- I contributed code to multiple Python modules for use in cognitive neuroscience